Saturday, January 12, 2013

I LOVE IT HERE

ISO 320, f/20, 1/3 second, -1.3 EV, 24mm
  One thing that I love about living in East Tennessee is that no matter what time of year it is, I can always find a gorgeous landscape to point the camera at. Even in the heart of winter when the leaves have fallen the mountains, rivers, lakes, foothills provide numerous opportunities for photography all year round.
  Back in December, while playing with a Canon 5D Mark III, the sunset along the Tellico River in the Cherokee National Forest was amazing. I found myself standing on a bridge that crosses the river and it allowed me to pull a reflection off a still moving part of the river. The setting sun struck some nice orange/pink light on the clouds that were moving very fast overhead.
  This is actually an in-camera HDR from the 5D Mk III on the Natural setting. Love the details and color the HDR pulled from the scene.
  So if you live in East Tennessee, don't stay in the house in the winter time just because there aren't any leaves on the trees. The leafless trees have a new personality when they don't have leaves and the landscape here allows for some great photography all year long.

2 comments:

  1. You're right, Jerry. Winter is just another beautiful season as you've shone here. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Jerry! I love the natural leading lines in the branches etc. that guide us through the frame perfectly and that wonderful reflection! Really great shot, my friend!!

    ReplyDelete