Sunday, January 6, 2013

FROSTED

ISO 400, f/5, 1/40 second, 19mm
  One of the main things that I was intent on photographing yesterday when in Tremont of the Great Smoky Mountain National Park was the heavy frost that has been settling on everything the last few days.
  After I shot the images for making yesterday's post I noticed this large log that was extending out over the river and that it was coated with that frost. I also noticed this really neat patterns on both the tree and the bark and especially at how the bark was scattered along the tree.
  The tree was oddly colored as well with a more tan and dark brown other than the usual gray I was noticing on everything else. So I maneuvered the tripod and camera right down close to the tree and opened up the aperture to get a shallow depth of field. This made for a sharp shot that captures the detail of the frost as well as the bark and trunk.

1 comment:

  1. Really nice composition, Jerry. The tones create a very soft and comfortable mood. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete