Tuesday, July 31, 2012

NEW GROUND

ISO 400, f/20, 0.6 Seconds, 19mm
  Monday morning provided an opportunity form me. I had to drop my daughter off in Knoxville at cheer camp. She would be there from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm and I had 4 hrs to kill.
  I decided to drive 45 minutes down to the Smokies and do some photography. I went through Townsend, TN and decided I would try and capture some pictures in the Little River only this time I would explore between Townsend and Cades Cove. I had never done any photography along this stretch of the the Little River and had noticed several spots from the road while driving to Cades Cove the last couple of times.
  The only obstacle that presented itself was the sun that was already up fairly high in the morning sky and shining on the water, ruining photo ops in those areas.
  After a long set of shots at West Prong Falls just past Tremont, I found this neat set of cascades. Lots of green rocks and a really large flow of water at the bottom of the falls made for a great little composition. I got my camera low near the water to accent the large amount of splashing the water created. Shooting at ISO 400 allowed me to get the shutter speed I liked at 0.6 seconds and catch a lot of the detail in the water.
  I bracketed a set of shots so that I could get some definition in the background where the sun was shining brightly. The HDR brought out a great deal of detail in the rocks as well.

1 comment:

  1. Well, just an explosion of water bursting from the frame, there, Jerry. Love this.

    ReplyDelete