Saturday, April 14, 2012

POOL REFLECTIONS

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 20mm, ISO 100, f/14, 1/4 second
  This afternoon was as pretty a day as anyone could've asked for. Bright sunshine, blue skies with soft white clouds, and 78 degrees.
  With my wife out of town, my son out with friends, it was just Jocy and me at the house. I asked her if she wanted to go out to the Cherokee National Forest and take some pictures. With it warm enough for her to get her feet wet she definitely gave her approval.
  We ended up just past Baby Falls on River Rd shooting at a beautiful waterfall that is split down the middle by a huge rock cropping. I have been at this location before but just not in the afternoon. With the late afternoon sunlight the opportunities for reflections were all over the place.  At this waterfall there were several "pools" in these rocks where the water has dug out bowls in the rocks. These pools were reflecting the tree line from the opposing shore wonderfully and I just had to find an angle that I liked. I positioned myself where the largest of this group was directly in front of me and tried to exaggerate it low and up front in the frame with the rest leading the eye back to the left side of the waterfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment