Monday, April 16, 2012

CURIOSITY

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 20mm, ISO 100, f/16, 1/83 second
  I used my lunchtime today to run over the Highway 322 between Vonore & Sweetwater, TN where I knew this barn had a huge bunch of yellow flowers blooming just in front of it.  I had to maneuver myself around a barbed wire fence to get an angle low enough to place the yellow flowers up front and close in the foreground.
  There was a very stiff wind blowing and the flowers were moving and flowing from it which is why some are blurry right up close.
  As I was framing up the shot a pair of horses came rumbling around from behind the barn and stopped dead in their tracks when they saw me. They were inquisitive but didn't come any closer to me. This was fortuitous because they provided a neat element in front of the barn and by the time I actually tripped the shutter, another white horsed poked it's head out from the doorway of the barn and got in the picture as well.
  Due to the harsh light at noontime, I bracketed all my shots and then processed in Photomatix Essentials before general processing in Photoshop Elements.

1 comment:

  1. I really like this shot, Jerry. The balance of the foreground flowers on the right with the barn on the left is classic. Great job!

    ReplyDelete