Friday, April 6, 2012

AT THE GROTTO

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @24mm, ISO 100, f/14, 1.6 seconds
  Once our hike arrived at Grotto Falls the first thing I did was pose my daughter, Jocy, on the rocks just in front of the falls.  She rolled her pant legs up to wade through the relatively shallow pool the falls pours into but realized the water was just too cold this time of year to go in barefoot.
ISO 100, f/13, 0.6 seconds
   Jocy begged me to let her use my hip waders but I needed them to get where I needed to go to get my photographs. She eventually figured out that the trail continued behind the falls and walked behind them. I soon joined her to do some photography from back there.
Jocy Behind the Falls
  After switching my angle behind the falls I caught a little bit of a warm tone from the light and ended up getting my favorite shot of the day. One of my goals was to get a shot from behind the falls. There wasn't any blue sky to use as a backdrop from behind the falls but the the warm tones I got from the existing light was a great compromise.
19mm, ISO 100, f/14, 1 second
  Really enjoyed the hike up to Grotto Falls. Next up is in the Greenbrier area of the Great Smoky Mountains. Tim and I will be hiking the Porter Creek Trail up to Fern Branch Falls. It is a gentle, 2 mile hike with lots of wildflowers, old homesteads, and rushing water. Can't wait.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome photos, Jerry!
    Looks like this was a fun, memory-making outing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool images, Jerry. Thankfully your daughter got her Mother's looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take care of not choicing a picture with somme one for put this in my Scoop.it. Tell me if you are ok or not with that. http://www.scoop.it/t/blog4burma/p/1554629970/denham-photography-at-the-grotto

    Regard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivier SC that is perfectly fine with me. I wish I could read what you had wrote on your site. Thank you for sharing my image on your site.

      Delete