Thursday, January 19, 2012

WINTER BARN SUNSET

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 24mm, ISO 100, f/20, 30 sec., ND8, ND400, Polarizer
  My way home this evening included a stop by one of my favorite landmarks. This little red barn sits across this pond from highway 411 and next to Sequoyah High School in Madisonville, TN. I have taken an HDR of this on a foggy morning in September last year. This stop, I wanted to capture a long exposure with my ND8 & ND400 fader filter as the sun was setting to the southwest.
  I was rewarded with a few 30 second exposures and these little clouds rushed by to provide a little blur effect along with the flattening of the rippling water of the pond. The golden weeds in the foreground were being lit by the sun as well as being blown by the wind and provided a neat foreground.

7 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning. Stunning! I with the others here, those wonderful grasses in the foreground are showing beautiful colors and light, accenting the overall scene you've captured. Top drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours and light in this shot, both in the foreground and background. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy thanks for the awesome comments everyone. Appreciate you all checking in and all the support.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing sunset, relay great shoot, like the soft color of it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very interesting photo! I like the orange color being focused in the photo.

    ReplyDelete