Tuesday, January 17, 2012

ROCKIN' THE PARADISE

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 19mm, ISO 800, f/16, 8 sec.
  Continuing with my Styx titled images from Sunday morning. Tim Owens and I stumbled upon this absolutely gorgeous waterfall approximately 4 miles past Bald River Falls on River Rd in the Cherokee National Forest.
  Normally, the farthest I would drive would be to turn on N. River Rd which is app. 1 mile before this spot. I am so glad we continued to this spot. There were at least 3 waterfalls within a 1/4 miles stretch that were accessible and beautiful.
  This is actually the first shot that I set up and photographed with the rocks in the foreground drawing my eye. Thus giving the title "Rockin' The Paradise" from the Paradise Theater album.  They bend around and point directly to the back eddy swirling in front of the waterfall and the large log leaning up against the waterfall.
  I had to bump the ISO up to 800 and still registered an 8.0 second shutter speed at 6:45am.
  This will be a very targeted spot come next fall. There is a tremendous amount of foliage surrounding this waterfall so color should be abundant at that time.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous scene Jerry! There are so many possible shots you could take away from here and I bet it would be fantastic in the fall.

    ReplyDelete