Monday, January 16, 2012

CORNERSTONE

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @19mm, ISO 200, f/14, 1.0 sec. 3 exposures (-2)
  As I stated in yesterday's post, GRAND ILLUSION, I tend to try and keep the sky out of my waterfall & cascade pictures. Yesterday, however, I bucked my own system and was really drawn to the sunrise that was occurring right behind where I was shooting along River Rd in the Cherokee National Forest.
  In this image, I positioned myself so that the large tree to the left of the frame and the pine trees in the background create framing around the small waterfall and the golden sunrise in the background. I knew that there was no way I was going to expose for the foreground and retain the blue sky and the golden sunlight striking the clouds in the background so I did some auto bracketing at -2. I enlisted the help of my brother Jim to apply his HDR expertise to the frames and viola.
  Even without me giving any instructions Jim seems to process my images exactly how I was looking at them. Really love the way this one turned out. Thanks Jim.

4 comments:

  1. Nice job guys, since it was a team effort :) I know what you mean about keeping the sky out, it's really hard to blend or make an HDR like this and a prevent halos. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The POV here is perfect and awesome processing by Jim! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool shot man. Like the orange of the sunset.

    ReplyDelete