Monday, January 9, 2012

BEYOND BUCK BRANCH FALLS

Canon EOS Rebel XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 22mm, ISO 400, f/18, 1.6 sec.
  Before making my way down to Baby Falls on Sunday, I stopped along River Rd by Buck Branch Falls. Now I have photographed Buck Branch Falls before even though it is a waterfall that I don't consider to be all that photogenic. It is a true step ladder waterfall that has about 10 steps over only 10-12 feet and is virtually straight up.  Not really anything picturesque as far as I am concerned.
  Buck Branch Falls flows under River Rd and dumps into the Tellico River and the cascades on this side are beautiful. My original intent was to stop and shoot those. When I got out of the car though I looked back up behind Buck Branch Falls and decided that I would explore upstream above the falls and see what was there.
  I am so glad I made that decision. There were some quaint little cascades and gorgeous green rocks scattered up through the stream. There was a considerable amount of mood with the rainy conditions creating foggy conditions the higher up the mountain I climbed.
  Today's post in particular was very cool in the fact that the rocks, fallen trees, and mountainsides formed several "V" all through the frame clear back to the foggy background.
  Even though I got soaked from both the drizzling rain and from my waders not quite being tall enough in the stream I was standing in, it was well worth climbing up and investigating up there. Sometime when my buddy Tim and I are out here, I would like to go even further up this stream and see if there any more hidden gems up there.

2 comments:

  1. Beauty of a shot Jerry! Amazing capture of the colors. Great POV too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice composition Jer! Cool elements too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete