Saturday, June 4, 2011

JUNE'S FIRST SUNRISE

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Promaster 19-35 lens @ 21mm, ISO 100, f/16, 1/40 sec.
  My brother has created a monster.
  After learning Jim's layering technique in Photoshop Elements, I have gone crazy with it. Processed 3 images using this process last night and was blown away by the results.
  When I left the house early Thursday morning I noticed that there were some clouds in the sky at sunrise. There hadn't been any clouds the last few days and sunrises have been boring. I knew I had to take advantage of this and found myself at the same spot were I caught April Sunrise Reflection.
  I spent several minutes photographing the T-shaped dock  and happened to notice the sun was a solid red ball on the horizon. I immediately changed my vantage point to achieve a clearer view of it.  Then I found this single bare tree just off the shore that screamed "Take my picture".
  I tried to get an angle where the sun was oriented in the fork of the branches of this tree but it was just impossible from the shore and I didn't have my waders with me. I was very happy with this angle, however, especially when the sun started hitting the layers of clouds.  A bird even joined in the shot as I was snapping away.

1 comment: