Monday, April 25, 2011

BALD RIVER GORGE

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 28mm, ISO 100, 3 Exposure HDR @ f/16
  Continuing with my jaunt into the Bald River Gorge this past Friday, I found an overlook that was basically a cliff over the Bald River that gave a wonderful view of how the river turns and heads down toward Bald River Falls.
  This view is spectacular. There was an enormous cascade right underneath this spot that I would desperately loved to have shot but the 30-40 ft cliff dispelled any ideas of getting down to water level.
  This tree in the foreground  stands like a beacon over the water.  I thought it was neat how the branch of the tree curved the same as the river even though it was pointing upstream. It was like the tree was pointing the way I needed to go.  As a matter of fact, the large amount of white water you can see just under the branch is where I had just taken several photos including a panorama scene of the river. That will be in a later post.
  Used HDR Express to process the image and touched up a bit in Photoshop Elements.

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible shot, Jerry! What a great composition and the photo is super sharp my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the wonderful comments, Toad.

    ReplyDelete