Sunday, February 6, 2011

TAYLOR BARN


Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 28mm, Polarizer, ISO 100, 3 Exposure HDR @ f/16
   Sunday afternoon I finally got the opportunity to go out take some pictures. It has been a week and half since I could just go out and photograph something other than basketball.  Don't get me wrong, I love shooting basketball, but basketball is more of a reaction shot.  To go out in the bright, low evening sunlight with some beautiful white clouds stretching through the sky and composing a few shots is almost a religious experience. It both relaxing and calming and lets the creative juices flow.
  I have taken pictures of this old barn before.  It is only about 2 miles down the road from my house on old highway 68 that connects Madisonville and Sweetwater.  It is owned by Kevin Taylor.  Both times I have set up shooting here he has come out and talked with me and explained the history of this awesome old barn.  He said in the spring there will be owls that nest in the brick silo.  Mr. Taylor also explained that he is getting quotes to put a new roof on it and. unfortunately, he can't go back to the original green color so it will end up in a gray tin when redone.
Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 28mm, Polarizer, ISO 100, 3 Exposure HDR @ f/16
    When I came upon this place back in the fall, the rusted green roof with all the green grass surrounding it made me think of Ireland.  Really love the old rustic look of this place.  The peeling brick silo has ivy crawling up the walls and really catches the eyes from the road as you pass by.
  In the fall I explored the inside and there has been a lot of upkeep in there but it still has enough open spaces to let the morning or evening sunlight peek through.
  I'm glad I chose to photograph here this evening because the next time there might be a new roof and a totally different feel to this incredible place. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment