Wednesday, February 2, 2011

GLEASON GOLD

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80 lens @ 35mm, ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/250 sec.
  Today's post was taken back in April on Easter weekend in Gleason, TN.  My mother-in-law lives in Gleason and on the drive to her house we passed several fields just littered with these tall, bright yellow flowers.
  After arriving, I immediately got back on the road and found access to one of these fields and started shooting. Unfortunately, I had left my tripod at my mother's house app. 35 miles away so I was handheld in the field. I took several shots with my daughter posing but they were not up to snuff without my tripod.
  This was taken before I bought my 50mm 1.8 II but the Tamron lens at f/5.6 did a great job of providing a shallow depth of field and a blur of yellow and green in the background.

6 comments:

  1. Simplemente hermosa!!! / Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Jerry! The sea of yellow is just beautiful, as Oscar says. Great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image works for me on many levels. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all of you. I'm so glad you liked it. Wish it hadn'e gotten buried in the archives for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More proof it's the photographer, not the gear (although I do love me some good gear).

    ReplyDelete