Wednesday, January 5, 2011

BACK TO WORK

Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XS, Tamron 28-80mm lens @ 28mm, ISO 100, f/11, 1/125 sec. 
 The only bad thing about vacations is that they eventually end. It was only a 4 day weekend but for the first time ever it felt like an entire week. Very relaxing!
  But Tuesday brought an end to both mine and my kids' time off and I was back to work and they were back to school.
  There is one great thing about going back to work. My place of business is on Tellico Lake and the sun rises on the opposite side of the lake from us.  In between is the Smoky Mountains so we have some picturesque sunrises.  This morning was no exception.
  This morning I tootled into the parking lot at roughly 7:30am and the cloud formations were nothing short of incredible.  I had to unpack very quickly before the light dissipated so no filters, no remote switch. Just enough time to mount to the tripod and go.
  Mid way through taking shots I did have enough time to exchange the 50mm lens for the 28-80mm. It was well worth it to get more of the sky into the shot. Would have loved to set the ND8 neutral density filter and polarizer on it to pull some more blue out of the clouds and possibly blur the clouds a little. Considering the pressing circumstances, I think this shot turned out well.
  I think I just squeaked into the building at 8:00. But the results were worth it.

3 comments: