Thursday, December 2, 2010

1000

    This photo has no "this is what I saw and I composed it this way" meaning. The meaning behind this photo is completely personal. The young man you see toeing the free throw line in this picture is Jethro Griffin. I have known Jethro since he was in the 3rd grade when I was coaching and help run the youth basketball league in Vonore, TN.  I have watched him grow up and would love to say that I had a hand in developing both his basketball and people skills, but know that he has turned out way better than my influence had anything to do with. He is now a senior at Sequoyah High School in Madisonville, TN.     The reason I posted this shot is because the foul shot that he is eying, and he eventually sinks, is his 1000th career point at Sequoyah. In Sequoyah's short history, established in 1995, there have only been 6 other players to reach this plateau. I would be very safe in saying that there is no other member of that list that is more deserving of this honor than Jethro. His mannerisms and personality are as smooth and sharp as his moves on the court. I couldn't be more proud and happy for him.
  Sometimes photos carry more of taking in the experience than the composition can display. This is one of those shots.
  Congratulations Jethro!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats for you blog my friend... I suscribed by email to keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jer, the site looks GREAT! Great post too! You might want to add your Twitter and Facebook urls also so people can connect there too!

    ReplyDelete